Sunday, May 23, 2010

Arecibo Observatory



Suprisingly everyone felt pretty fresh after the wedding so we made a day trip out to Arecibo, to the famous Observatory (http://www.naic.edu/). I just wanted to see it because its featured in a couple of James Bond movies :-)
I was more than impressed by the informative Visitors Center there (about a $5 entry fee), featuring a lot of info of Space, our solar system and the universe. I learn a lot of new things there that I didnt know before - and its very child friendly too. For anyone going there, skip the movie - its about 20 years old and incredibly boring.
There is a gift shop and a little snack bar - but I highly recommend a stop in Lares if you're heading back to the west coast (about half an hour drive from Arecibo) for their famous icecream - flavours like carrot, pumpkin and even garlic is not something you'll come across every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment