Monday, March 14, 2011

The Smartphone World



So, I have finally given in. I succumbed to the confusing, irritating world of Smartphones - even though I had always told myself there is no way in hell I would get one.
Lovely Centennial (our Puerto Rican phone server) decided that 2 months of moving to St. Croix, they shut down their only retail store on island. Then, just 2 months after that, we had started to become inundated with letters from Centennial that they were going out of business and we had to switch over (in our case, switch BACK) to ATT. As part of this process, we had to buy new phone too..why? Who knows.

So...we'd putting it off for about 3 months until finally we made the time and effort to haul ourselves down to the always-busy ATT store and actually had a nice, helpful non-pushy (shock horror!) sales assistant. After spending almost three hours there, lots of backwards and forwards we came out pretty happy.. and me pretty confused with a new gadget: the HTC Inspire 4G (even though there is no 4G yet in St. Croix) My favorite feature so far: the distortion feature (yes small things amuse blonde minds)...see above

All in all so far, I'm pretty happy... and for the price ($100 one-time cost with $60/month including cheap international calling rates .. 9c/min) I think I can deal with all the noises, flashing and features on this thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment