Monday, July 11, 2011

Business Licence

The last couple of weeks I've looked into the steps to applying for a business licence.. I havent even really begun and its already seeming like an absolute nightmare.
Have spoken with several different people, including professionals and even the DLCA (Department of Licensing and Consumer Affairs) and everyone is telling me conflicting things... for some reason I need to get a certificate verifying that my office space (i.e. HOME) has had a fire inspection and is safe...even though I will not be bringing clients through home.
The usual procedure of getting a background check and applying for a tradename seem like all reasonable requests but I've heard this entire process can take up to FOUR months! Please someone organise some champagne to pop once this is all over and done with, I think I may need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment