Sunday, July 31, 2011

Goat Hill Hike

After a long week of work, sitting my bum for longer than what I'm used to (yes hard to imagine since I spend anyways ALOT of time in front of the computer), I told Geoff that I needed to get out and about. Alpie was 
excited about this idea.
We decided to check out Goat Hill, which is all the way on the East End of St. Croix, almost at Point Udall. It used to be a road, and has now become completely overgrown. I recommend doing this hike on an overcast day or at 6am in the morning, NOT at 2pm in the afternoon in the burning hot sun. Sure, it made for nice photos but all three of us were sweated through entirely by the time we were 10mins into it. 
The views though? WELL worth the grueling hike!



Views of Buck Island on the way up

Haha look how BIG Alpie looks here :-)


Looking out over the northern half of St. Croix


Beautiful Buck Island



Everyone deserves a break, dont they?!




"I'm the Queen of the World!"




No comments:

Post a Comment