Thursday, July 21, 2011

Things are looking up!

This evening I met with an amazing born-entrepreneurial woman who owns and manages a very successful business on St. Croix. We had a brief meeting earlier this week to discuss just general opportunities on island and she was even open and trusting enough to give me names of a few people to "stay away from". She said at the time, there wasnt anything she could offer me, as much as she would've liked to.


This morning, less than 48 hours later, I received a phonecall from her to say that she had done some brainstorming and wanted to meet again. This "lets-throw-around-some-ideas" turned into a 3-hour, professional business meeting together with her partner... I guess the first encounter with her earlier this week had really been a pre-interview and although she had said there had been nothing she could offer me, had decided after our chat that she wanted to create a position for me! This really moved me and gave me a glimmer of hope that my talents, skills and personality are being recognized in a very positive light by professionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment