Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sayonara Carambola... and hello world!


On Thursday the 14th, I quit my job at the Spa at Carambola...finally. As many of you know, tension had been building up in the circus (aka work), which hadnt made for a comfortable working environment for many of the Spa employees. Sure, the job offered me an opportunity to grow for a while, and make some contacts but due to poor management I reached a point where I was stuck and things turned from bad to worse very quickly.

Since I quit, which has only been three days, I have felt an enormous weight lifted from my shoulders, and nothing but the feeling of freedom and happiness and realising that all the Spa was a starting point for me, and that the management will realise at some point the mistake they have made with treating the actual hard workers, and loyal employees like prison inmates.

Job prospects have been tumbling towards me, and I've met more people in the last two days than I have in the last year - literally! Just yesterday I had already two meetings, with one ending in a possibility of re-opening another Spa on island, and the other meeting being more than I could ever ask for at this point - a Spotlightstx client needing ongoing marketing help, which of whom she has already referred me to another company in Christiansted to help with theirs!

Last night I was offered to star in a music video by Lady Gaga, which is soon to be broadcasted on youtube, local television and schools in the US Virgin Islands. It was an amazing experience and a true honor to work with such talented people and at the same time be able to help towards such an important cause (this video was made to bring awareness to the severity of bullying).

I do believe in blessings in disguises. This is well and truly one of those.




(This pic is one of me and some of the girls with that I worked on set with today - the actual video clip is still to come...)

No comments:

Post a Comment